PB&J Panim el Panim Frequently Asked Question
June 24-28, 2010
Panim el Panim Seminar
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can attend the PB & J Summit?
The PB & J Seminar is open to high school students going into 10th, 11th and 12th grade, and also students who have just graduated from high school.
What does the $150 tuition cost include?
The $150 tuition includes all program costs, including hotel accommodations (4 people to a room), vegetarian food (Kosher option available), and transportation within the program.
Where will the participants be staying?
The PB & J participants will be staying at the Hyatt Arlington. The new hotel is right near Metro, and a short walk to Georgetown. It also offers terrific views of the Potomac and monuments.
1325 Wilson Boulevard,
Arlington, Virginia, USA 22209
Tel: +1 703 525 1234 Fax: +1 703 908 4790
How do we get to the program?
You will be responsible for providing your own transportation to DC.
Three airports serve the greater DC area. We strongly recommend Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA), which is the closest airport. All students arriving at DCA should meet a BBYO staff member in the baggage claim area of Terminal B/C. If you are unable to find a flight into DCA, you may also fly into Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI).
Union Station is the primary train hub for Washington, DC. Amtrak, MARC, and Virginia Rail Express all run trains to Union Station. A staff member will be at the Amtrak terminal in Union Station to assist participants.
What time should I arrive on June 24th?
- By Plane: Participants should book flights to DCA scheduled to arrive by 2:15 pm or to BWI scheduled to arrive by 1:30 pm. DCA is the preferred airport.
- By Train: Participants should book a train scheduled to arrive in Union Station by 3:15 pm.
- By Car: Participants should be dropped off at the hotel between 3:15 and 3:45 pm.
If I am registered for ILTC, how will I get there at the conclusion of Panim el Panim?
BBYO will be providing a bus to transport students to ILTC.
If I am going to ITLC or any other summer programs directly after PB&J, what should I do with all my luggage?
We suggest you pack a smaller bag with everything you need for PB&J that you'll keep with you in your hotel room. Your larger luggage for ILTC, or other trip, will be stored in a secure room within the PB&J hotel.
What do I wear in Washington, DC?
The seminar dress code is mainly business casual with exceptions for Shabbat and your visit to Capitol Hill. A full packing list can be found here.
Who will be staffing Panim el Panim?
The program will be staffed by both BBYO field staff and PANIM Institute staff.
What time should I depart on June 28th?
- By Plane: Participants should book flights from DCA scheduled to depart after 3:00 pm or from BWI scheduled to depart after 3:30 pm.
- By Train: Participants should book a train scheduled to depart Union Station after 2:45 pm
- By Car: Participants should be picked up at the hotel between 12:00 and 12:30 pm