The Shield of David Award of the Aleph Zadik Aleph Application
One of the most historic and prestigious honors awarded to an Aleph, the Shield of David Award, recognizes Alephs who throughout their tenure in the Aleph Zadik Aleph have displayed outstanding leadership contributions, a consistent commitment to the fraternity that is AZA, and a consistently participated across all tiers of the Order – Chapter, Council, Regionally and Globally.
The Shield of David Award is based on a comprehensive point system that credits the following achievements throughout a member’s participation:
- Fulfilling the duties of office at any level of the Aleph Zadik Aleph.
- Acting as an event coordinator or member of a planning committee.
- Participating in an internationally sponsored AZA contest.
- Contributing to the Aleph’s Chapter.
- Fulfilling his responsibility of giving the experience of AZA to others through recruitment.
Every Aleph in good standing is eligible for this award. Awards are earned by accumulating ‘points’ granted for any combination of the items included in the attached spreadsheet. Upon achievement of varying thresholds, different lapel crest pins are presented in two degrees:
- The Bronze Order of the Shield of David – 200 Points
- The Silver Order of the Shield of David – 400 Points
The application must be completed and submitted before the applicant becomes an alumnus.
Click here to access the points tracker.
Click here to read more information about the application process for this award before starting the application below!
Please note that you must complete the online application in one sitting. You can not save your application. Thus, we recommend that you type your answers in a Word document before beginning the online application to ensure that you have a record of your application should you not be able to complete the application once you start.