The Star of Deborah Award of the B’nai B’rith Girls Application
The Star of Deborah honors B’nai B’rith Girls who have made an outstanding commitment to BBG, have displayed a consistent commitment to the sisterhood that is BBG, and who best exemplify the ideals and principles set forth by BBYO. It is the highest honor a BBG can receive.
The award is based on a comprehensive ‘point’ system that credits the following achievements in a member’s participation:
- Fulfilling the duties of office on any level of BBG.
- Acting as an event coordinator or member of a planning committee.
- Participating in an international sponsored BBG contest.
- Contributing to the Chapter.
- Fulfilling her responsibility of giving the experience of BBG to others through recruitment
Any B’nai B’rith Girl in good standing may apply. The Star of Deborah is earned by all BBGs who have accumulated the necessary ‘points’ for any combination of the items included in the attached spreadsheet. Upon achievement of varying thresholds, different lapel crest pins are presented in two degrees:
- The Silver Order of the Star Of Deborah – 200 Points
- The Gold Order of the Star Of Deborah – 400 Points
The application must be completed and submitted before the applicant becomes an alumnae.
Click here to access the points tracker.
Click here to read more information about the application process for this award before starting the application below!
Please note that you must complete the online application in one sitting. You can not save your application. Thus, we recommend that you type your answers in a Word document before beginning the online application to ensure that you have a record of your application should you not be able to complete the application once you start.