6. 20% tip?
5. The instagram food incident
4. Playing psychiatrist with Lindsay’s family
2. Inspirational quotes in the N’siah files
1. Meeting all of the really nice Alephs and BBGs of NER...
From Houston, I headed to the great Cotton States Region for an awesome week in Nashville and Memphis, and to attend the Circle of Life Kallah. In Nashville, I went straight from the airport to the JCC to participate in interviewing the new Nashville JCC/BBYO staff person.
10. Staying up until 5:32 am with Arianne Schaffer 9. Hanging out with Becka Handler all day every day 8. Joe Bloomston’s song “He is Not Proud” 7. Bonding with N’siah Ariel Yazdian 6. When Kevin threw fries at my head 5. Filming the Operation 600 video
During the weekend of September 28th to 30th I got to visit SJR for their RLTI convention. The weekend was full of some great programs and I was so happy to spend some time with the Alephs and BBGs of South Jersey weekend.
My last night on the west coast was one well spent. CRW had their 2012-2013 kickoff at the Tech Museum in San Jose. Nearly 500 teens came down! It was insane helping with admission as the line to get in just seemed to keep growing.
I was so excited for my first visit of the year in Atlanta and got lucky with a row to my self on the flight from Washington D.C to Atlanta. I got to meet with some great people and see every AZA chapter. Here is a little taste of what my trip looked like:
After an amazing weekend at August Execs, it was finally time to head off on my first visit of the year, to the one and only Lonestar Region. With much apprehension and even more excitement, I arrived in Austin, Texas to be greeted by Grand Aleph
10. Walking through downtown Austin with Ryan and Micah and seeing beautiful sights
9. Talking about globalization at LTI
8. Eating yummy gelato with CLTC 7
7. Cuddling with Norm (my crescent monkey) and Lauren
6. Cafe Express... again.
5. Celebrating Shabbat with the regional board at Gillian’s (even though I was allergic to her dog!)
On Saturday night we were joined by Officers of BBYO's Board of Directors: Chairwoman Estee Portnoy, Walter Solomon, Marc Saperstein, Stacy Schusterman, Rachel Gebaide, Howard Wohl, Rob Ruby, and BBYO's Executive Director, Matt Grossman.
Before we began our Shabbat programming on Friday evening we were led by our Grand Shaliach Benji Fages and International Sh'licha Andie Djamal for a program about Israel and the different ways that we could individually and collectively support Israel.
On Friday evening we worked to together to plan and develop different Shabbat programs to meet the needs and interests of the entire Execs body. It was very important for our community to try new things, whether that meant prayers in a different style, sung with a new tune, or sitting in separate seating.