Lonestar Regional Convention Registration Open!
Don't Miss Out! Early Registration Ends 11/30/10
Lonestar's 26th annual regional convention will bring together over 300 BBYO members from Houston, Austin and San Antonio on Monday, December 20 -Wednesday, December 23 at the Marriott Westchase.
Highlights of the convention will include a performance from comedian Joel Chasnoff, an off-site themed dance party, election of 27th Regional Board, a day focused on Standing Up! for Inclusion, chapter awards and much more! To kick off convention, on Sunday, December 19th the annual AZAA Basketball Tournament will be held at 2PM at the Jewish Community Center. Only members registered for convention can participate in the basketball tournament.
The Lonestar Region MIT/AIT Convention was held on October 22-24 for new members. As the over 210 participants will attest, convention is a great way to get the full experience of BBYO, meet new people and create close connections with your chapter. At MIT/AIT Convention, participants were contestants in a live game show by Unique Entertainment, experienced the talents of Kosher Hypnotist, Ronnie Barras, participated in rotations to learn about BBYO, and were inducted as full members of the Lonestar Region BBYO family.
It Won't Happen To Me
Acclaimed Motor Vehicle Accident Prevention Program comes to Houston 11/21/10
Join Lonestar Region BBYO and The Emery/Weiner School on Sunday, November 21st at 7PM for the critically acclaimed accident prevention program, "It Won't Happen To Me". The "It Won't Happen To Me" Foundation is a non-profit organization with a vital
mission to eliminate the number-one cause of teen deaths: car accidents.
"It Won't Happen To Me," which has been featured on CNN, helps teens become safer, more responsible drivers. Whether it's a cell phone distraction, friends in the car or simply inexperience, you'll have a chance to ask questions and get expert advice.
The number one reason why you should register for "It Won't Happen To Me": It's A Matter of Life or Death.
FREE to all Jewish high school students and parents; reservations required at email@example.com. Please include names of all guests and ages of high school students in RSVP.
Count Me In!
Earn community service hours and brighten a family's Hanukkah this year.
Lonestar Region BBYO is proud to bring to you a wonderful service opportunity through Count Me In. Count Me In donates thousands of gifts to hundreds of children and adults during the Hanukkah season. The goal of the organization is to help Jewish families celebrate Hanukkah by providing them with donations of gifts and other ritual items.
Count Me In is looking for volunteers from Sunday, November 14 - Sunday, November 28 to help sort and prepare the Hanukkah bags for distribution.
To volunteer email firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information www.countmeininc.org.
Happy Hanukkah from BBYO! We are excited to announce that neon, glow in the dark BBYO Silly Bands are on the way to help us celebrate the holiday season! Quantities are limited, so make sure to check blinked.org for updated information on how to get this special Hanukkah gift!
BBYO Helps Teens Prepare for College and Beyond
With exceptional leadership programs and identity-enrichment experiences, BBYO has shaped the lives of its 250,000 alumni, including prominent business leaders, Congressional representatives and entrepreneurs. Many of them claim it is BBYO to which they “owe it all.”
BBYO provides programs and resources to help teens prepare for high school, college and their professional lives. In addition, BBYO annually contacts college admissions officers to let them know why teens with BBYO on their applications make stellar students on campus. >>Click here to view our letter to admissions officers at 50 of the most popular colleges and universities that Jewish teens attend.
And now, BBYO also brings value to the entire family by offering discounts through a partnership with Kaplan Test Prep. These discounts include:
- 10% off undergraduate test prep with the promotion code BBYO10. Learn more.
- 10% off graduate test prep for Friends & Alumni Network members with the promotion code BBYO10. Learn more.
- 10% off Kaplan Tutoring, offering private or semi-private tutoring for K-8th grades with the promotion code BBYO10. Learn more.
BBYO Summer Registration is Open!
THIS SUMMER, I WANT TO...
BBYO Summer Experiences Registration Now Open!
Last year, more than 1,500 teens took part in BBYO Summer Experiences. They developed their leadership skills, served new communities, made friendships that will last for years to come and traveled the world. What program will you attend this summer? With dozens of program options, mix and match your summer to create your own adventure. Choose from:
- AZA & BBG's Flagship Leadership Development and Judaic Identity programs CLTC, ILTC and Kallah.
- Summer of Impact experiences through the PANIM Institute of BBYO. Serve new communities and make a real different in Boston, D.C. the Southwest and Israel!
- Passport to the World, BBYO's global travel program, taking teens to more than 16 countries around the world.
Click here to check out BBYO's Full Brochure of Summer Experience 2011 Offerings featuring videos, photo albums, scholarship information and more!
THIS YEAR, I WANT TO...
Don't miss out on several of BBYO's year-round International Programs currently open for registration:
- Panim el Panim: Receive advocacy training, participate in service learning and have the opportunity to lobby your elected officials on Capitol Hill -- all in a few days!
- ID: A Jewish Teen Summit on Immigration: Travel to Phoenix, AZ this December and take part in a seminar designed to highlight the issues around the immigration debate and how political activism relates to the core concepts of Jewish values. Walk away confident to speak informatively on the subject in your community.
- International Convention: Join hundreds of BBYO leaders in Los Angeles, CA February 17-21 to experience AZA & BBG at the highest level. Check out the IC 2011 Blog!
- March of the Living: Experience a two-week, life-altering journey where teens bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland followed by a celebration of the State of Israel in the Jewish Homeland.
- Double Impact Scholarship: Earn a 50% scholarship towards the tuition of a domestic Summer of Impact experience and 25% towards Impact: Israel by performing 60 hours of community service during the school year!
Merf After Dark: November 20
JCC Hanukkah Miracle Maddness Featuring Acrodunk: December 5