Tucson BBYO Back on Track
Motivation and teen initiative strong in new year!
Tucson BBYO is doing absolutely awesome this year! We are already at membership levels where we ended last year and all the new teens are having a great time learning and experiencing AZA and BBG! We had 13 teens attend Fall Convention! New members keep coming and our goal is 20 for AIT/MIT and Spirit Convention! CONGRATS & KEEP SPREADING THE WORD! We're getting ready to be a driving force in Tucson again!
Are you ready for the best few days of the year!?
Last Friday, AIT/MIT + Spirit Convention Applications were released! Get the application here! Please don't forget the following deadlines:
- November 19th - Scholarship applications DUE! Access the app here!
- December 1 - Early bird deadline. Convention cost: $270 (AIT/MIT separate)
- December 8 - FINAL deadline. Convention cost: $285 (AIT/MIT separate)
Convention Registration FAQs
Q: Why is the cost of AIT/MIT so much?
A: Because the cost is based on only 60 people. If more than 60 teens register by Thanksgiving, we'll lower the cost (and refuld all those who already paid). SO HURRY UP AND SIGN UP!
Q: Do chapter Morim pay for AIT/MIT?
A: Yes. However, we highly encourage each chapter to help fund their Moreh/Morah/Rep going since it benefits the chapter more than the region to have the Morim there!
Q: Where do we apply for scholarship for the PeP ID Summit? Where can I get more information on the program?
A: Panim themselves, not Mountain Region. The MR Scholarship app is just for AIT/MIT + Spirit Convention (and IC, Summer Programs, etc). Please contact Mikah Goldman at email@example.com for scholarship information regarding the PeP ID Summit. Click here for more information on the program!
Q: How do I know if I've been regionally inducted?
A: Regional inductions are akin to the chapter inductions, where the Aleph and BBG participate in a BBYO Traditions ceremony and receive an official Mountain Region AZA or BBG pin. This usually takes place once a year at either AIT/MIT or Conclave.
Q: When will we be notified about scholarships?
A: The deadline for scholarships is November 19th. After this date, the scholarship committee will look at the all of the applications together and make its decisions. Everyone will be notified via email on Monday, November 22nd.
Any other questions? Don't hesitate to ask!
Celebrate Shabbat with BBG's across the globe!
This upcoming Saturday, November 13th is International BBG Shabbat! BBG's from across the order will be celebrating Shabbat with the theme, "Strength And Dignity Are Our Clothing!" Las Vegas is having their annual MBA weekend as part and will be doing Havdallah with the AZAs. All 5 BBG chapters from Phoenix are meeting at Cactus park for Havdallah, dinnerand different mind-body-attitude programs to celebrate! Contact Emma Paikowsky, Regional Sh'licha, at firstname.lastname@example.org to help plan something for your chapter!
Conclave Date Change!
The dates for our Spring Regional Event have changed from the original calendar. Conclave is now going to be APRIL 7-10, 2011. It will still be in Prescott, AZ. More information to come out in the spring, but please mark your calendars!
BBYO Registration is Open!
THIS SUMMER, I WANT TO...
BBYO Summer Experiences Registration Now Open!
Last year, more than 1,500 teens took part in BBYO Summer Experiences. They developed their leadership skills, served new communities, made friendships that will last for years to come and traveled the world. What program will you attend this summer? With dozens of program options, mix and match your summer to create your own adventure. Choose from:
- AZA & BBG's Flagship Leadership Development and Judaic Identity programs CLTC, ILTC and Kallah.
- Summer of Impact experiences through the PANIM Institute of BBYO. Serve new communities and make a real different in Boston, D.C. the Southwest and Israel!
- Passport to the World, BBYO's global travel program, taking teens to more than 16 countries around the world.
Click here to check out BBYO's Full Brochure of Summer Experience 2011 Offerings featuring videos, photo albums, scholarship information and more!
THIS YEAR, I WANT TO...
Don't miss out on several of BBYO's year-round International Programs currently open for registration:
- Panim el Panim: Receive advocacy training, participate in service learning and have the opportunity to lobby your elected officials on Capitol Hill -- all in a few days!
- ID: A Jewish Teen Summit on Immigration: Travel to Phoenix, AZ this December and take part in a seminar designed to highlight the issues around the immigration debate and how political activism relates to the core concepts of Jewish values. Walk away confident to speak informatively on the subject in your community.
- International Convention: Join hundreds of BBYO leaders in Los Angeles, CA February 17-21 to experience AZA & BBG at the highest level. Check out the IC 2011 Blog!
- March of the Living: Experience a two-week, life-altering journey where teens bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland followed by a celebration of the State of Israel in the Jewish Homeland.
- Double Impact Scholarship: Earn a 50% scholarship towards the tuition of a domestic Summer of Impact experience and 25% towards Impact: Israel by performing 60 hours of community service during the school year!
BBYO Helps Teens Prepare for College and Beyond
With exceptional leadership programs and identity-enrichment experiences, BBYO has shaped the lives of its 250,000 alumni, including prominent business leaders, Congressional representatives and entrepreneurs. Many of them claim it is BBYO to which they “owe it all.”
BBYO provides programs and resources to help teens prepare for high school, college and their professional lives. In addition, BBYO annually contacts college admissions officers to let them know why teens with BBYO on their applications make stellar students on campus. >>Click here to view our letter to admissions officers at 50 of the most popular colleges and universities that Jewish teens attend.
And now, BBYO also brings value to the entire family by offering discounts through a partnership with Kaplan Test Prep. These discounts include:
- 10% off undergraduate test prep with the promotion code BBYO10. Learn more.
- 10% off graduate test prep for Friends & Alumni Network members with the promotion code BBYO10. Learn more.
- 10% off Kaplan Tutoring, offering private or semi-private tutoring for K-8th grades with the promotion code BBYO10. Learn more.
Hanukkah Silly Bands are Coming!
Happy Hanukkah from BBYO! We are excited to announce that neon, glow in the dark BBYO Silly Bands are on their way to help us celebrate the holiday season! Quantities are limited so stay tuned for more updated information on how to get this special Hanukkah gift!