From the Regional Staff
Shanah Tovah and welcome to the September edition of our monthly eNews!!
Our year is off to a fantastic start:
- In August we hosted our annual Chapter Executives Conference which brought together our top teen leaders from across the region for two days of skill development and strategic planning.
- A busload of teens came together for our Members' Kickoff Beach Day, a beautiful day at Balsam Lake to celebrate the year ahead.
- Our Chapter and Regional Executives planned an excellent Fall Convention using a theme of "It's My Life, It's Now or Never". The focus of the weekend was leadership, both in BBYO and beyond.
With the new year here there is much in the works. Read through this eNews for more about our new B-Fit Health & Fitness program, registration for our Red Cross Courses and news about our upcoming Fall Kickoff.
As always, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to be in touch. We can most easily be reached at 416.398.2004 or email@example.com.
Kevin Goodman, Executive Director
Jessie Greenspan, Program Associate
P.S. To see our annual program calendar, click here.
B-Fit Health & Fitness - Limited Space Available!
B-Fit is a FREE six-week program that will introduce girls in grades 9 to 12 to the importance of a well-balanced lifestyle through a combination of physical activity and health & wellness sessions. Weekly exercise programs such as yoga, Zumba and spinning will be paired with sessions about eating nutritiously, possessing a positive self-image and maintaining healthy relationships.
Mondays, October 22 to November 26 at the Prosserman JCC.
For more information or to reserve your spot for our B-Fit Health & Fitness program, please click here.
Register Now for Red Cross Courses
BBYO has partnered with the Prosserman JCC and Schwartz/Reisman Centre to offer two Red Cross certification courses over the coming months:
Red Cross Babysitting Course (Ages: 11+)
Learn to feed a baby, change a diaper, prepare a simple meal, play games with children of all ages, prevent injuries, keep children safe and handle emergencies.
9am to 5pm / $65
Sept. 28 or Nov. 23 at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre
Oct. 7 or Feb. 10 at the Prosserman JCC
Emergency First Aid with CPR/AED Level C (Ages: 13+)
This course offers an overview of first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for the workplace or home. Upon completion of this course you will receive a Red Cross First Aid & CPR Manual and certification card.
9am to 5pm / $85
Oct. 28 at the Prosserman JCC
Mar. 3 at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre
To register for a Red Cross Course please contact Kevin Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.398.2004 ext. 1.
Save the Date: Fall Kickoff
Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 8pm to 11pm
Council House - 4700 Bathurst Street, Toronto
Celebrate the new year with good music and great friends. Also featuring sumo wrestling, gladiator jousting, popcorn and snow cones. All Jewish teens in grades 8 to 12 are welcome so bring your friends!
More details coming soon.
Diller Teen Fellows
The Diller Teen Fellows Program is UJA Federation of Greater Toronto’s premiere leadership development program for Jewish teens in the grades 10 and 11.
Now operating in 16 other communities in the United States, Canada, and Israel, the goal of the Diller program is to develop future generations of active, effective leaders with a strong Jewish identity, commitment to the Jewish people, respect for pluralism and love of Israel.
Together with our counterpart Diller group in Eilat-Eilot, Israel, we will explore the four Diller Pillars: Jewish Identity, Community Service, Leadership and Israel.
The Diller Teen Fellow program includes monthly workshops and weekend retreats, a 12-day visit from the Eilat-Eilot Fellows to Toronto (March 2013) and three weeks of traveling, volunteering, and exploring Israel with the Eilat-Eilot Fellows and the other 14 Diller groups (Summer 2013).
Click here to learn more about the Diller Teen Fellows program.
Mark Your Calendar for AZA BBG International Convention 2013!
On February 14-18, 2013, Washington, DC will host more than 1,000 teens from across the world for a weekend of service and advocacy, meaningful programming, elections and a uniquely special Shabbat.
Mark your calendars today for AZA BBG IC 2013 - Registration Opens October, 4, 2012!
Registration is Open for the 2013 March of the Living Trip
The March of the Living is a two-week international experience where teens from around the world come together each year and bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland and then travel to Israel to rejoice in the Jewish Homeland.
The program commemorates Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Memorial Day) marching from Auschwitz to Birkenau and celebrates Yom HaAtzmaut (Israeli Independence Day) in the streets of Jerusalem.
Watch the 2013 MOTL Video here!
Reserve your spot now!
BBYO Hot Topics:
- Stay Up to Date with Keeping PACE: BBYO's International Teen Presidents, Sarah and Logan, are blogging their way through their gap year and you can follow along on Keeping PACE! Hear their thoughts and get the scoop on their chapter visits. Visit the blog now.
- BBYO is Hiring: BBYO offers exciting opportunities that will challenge your abilities, expand your skills and reward your contributions in an atmosphere that encourages both personal and professional growth for all. Opportunities are currently available for BBYO's International Office in Washington, DC and for program professionals across the US. Learn more.