BBYO’s Top Teen Leaders Convene for “August Execs”
August 26, 2009
Before the summer officially came to a close, 100 of BBYO’s top regional leaders and the International Boards, travelled to Waynesboro, PA for four days of workshops and programming intended to inspire ideas and action among BBYO’s “Execs” Body.
Some highlights of August Execs include:
- A session celebrating BBYO’s 85th Anniversary as a means to expose more teens to BBYO’s proud history and promising future.
- The installations of the 85th Grand Board of AZA and the 65th International BBG Board.
- The launch of the 2009-2010 Membership Mile Campaign that focuses on growing AZA and BBG strategically in local communities.
- The kick-off of this year’s Stand Up! Campaign, BBYO’s advocacy and social justice campaign that allows individual BBYO regions to decide what issue they care about most.
- A brainstorm session on growing Passport to the World, BBYO’s international travel program, focusing on making a Jewish travel experience a capstone to years of involvement and leadership in BBYO.
- Learning sessions surrounding the Birkat HaMazon (blessing after meals) and morning minyan.
“August Execs was a powerful opportunity to celebrate one last summer Shabbat together; to make friendships and connections; and to help define some of what we hope our movement will achieve in the coming year,” said Emily Trotz, International President (N’siah) of BBG. “It was a whirlwind few days, but our teen leadership is now ready to hit the ground running with new ideas and strategies.”