Chapter Advisors are volunteers committed to helping teen members, and their chapters, reach their full potential.
BBYO empowers advisors to work in partnership with professional staff to supervise and guide AZA and BBG chapters. Advisors serve as positive Jewish role models by sharing observations with the youth, exploring challenges and seeking solutions with (not for) the teens, and encouraging BBYO members to strive for excellence. Advisors are there to advise, while the teens are there to lead the chapters. Advisors support BBYO teens, which are ultimately responsible for chapter programming with their peers. Under the guidance of advisor leadership, BBYO teens have the opportunity to grow into dynamic, engaged young Jewish leaders.
Becoming a BBYO advisor is an exciting and rewarding volunteer opportunity that will give you the chance to be part of the world’s leading Jewish teen movement, and make a direct impact in shaping the future of the Jewish community! Did you know?
- BBYO advisors are part of a national network of more than 700 volunteers
- BBYO advisors include alumni, parents and friends of BBYO who care about the future of the Jewish people
- BBYO advisors can join the Friends & Alumni Network (FAN) and stay involved with BBYO FAN events in your community
- BBYO advisors who fit the Birthright Israel criteria can sign up for the BBYO alumni/Birthright Israel trip that takes place each winter in Israel
- BBYO advisors can apply to be staff for all the exciting BBYO summer experiences that take place domestically and around the world
NoVA Council selects a Chapter Advisor to highlight in each of our monthly enewsletters.
September: Stacey August
October: Matt and Kara Frank
November: Michelle Brener
December: ALTC Advisors
January: Join the BBYO NoVA Advisor Team
February: Get Ready for Advisor Appreciation Month!
March: Dave Gettler
If you would like to learn more about becoming an advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, you do not need to be a BBYO alumna to become an advisor.