At IMPACT: DC, you will learn about current issues and make your voice heard in lobbying sessions with public officials and key decision makers. Whether you are new to advocacy and service or politics is your passion, through learning sessions, hands-on service projects and advocacy training you’ll be able to stand up for the issues you care about in an effective and influential way.
At IMPACT: DC, you will:
- Go behind the scenes at the U.S. Capitol and White House; visit the national monuments, Holocaust and Smithsonian Museums, Georgetown and more!
- Work with premier non-profit organizations and meet issue experts.
- Live and learn on the campus of the University of Maryland’s Hillel, one of the largest and most active in the world.
The Summer of IMPACT curriculum supports BBYO Stand UP, BBYO’s grassroots service, advocacy and philanthropy campaign. Through skills sessions, leadership exercises and peer-led and developed projects, teens learn how to lead in a meaningful way and learn skills that can be applied to their experience in school, in BBYO and for years to come. Summer of IMPACT participants return home with increased self-confidence and the skills to shape and lead their community.
IMPACT: DC is NOW!
July 13 – July 24
Contact Us at Camp!
IMPACT: DC Program Director
General Questions about
BBYO Summer 2014?
Take all of the learning, leading, skill-building, Jewish exploration and fun to the next level in 2015 with
- Chapter Leadership Training Conference (CLTC): CLTC is perfect for newer AZA and BBG members who want to learn how to build and strengthen their chapters at home!
- International Leadership Training Conference (ILTC): Take leadership skills to the next level at ILTC and discover what it means to be a leader at the regional, council and International level. This will help outside of BBYO, too – in school, outside of school and in the future. Make friends from around the world, too!
- Kallah: With friends and through fun, find what it means to you to be Jewish! Whether you’ve become a bar/bat mitzvah or just light the Hanukkah candles with your family each year, at Kallah you can get your questions about Judaism answered and learn all the different ways to connect to your heritage.
- BBYO Passport: Find diverse international travel options in Israel, Europe, South America and Africa that combine active touring, community service and meaningful Jewish experiences.
- Graduating High School? Check out Beyond, BBYO's gap year in Israel!