At IMPACT: DC you will learn about current issues and make your voice heard in lobbying sessions with public officials and key decision makers. Whether you’re new to advocacy and service or politics is your passion, through learning sessions, hands-on service projects and advocacy training you’ll be able to Stand UP for the issues you care about in an effective and influential way.
"IMPACT: DC was an absolutely incredible experience. I am so much more educated about real world issues, have a new outlook on service and I’m even prouder to be an American Jew."
– Mia Spegelman, IMPACT: DC
At IMPACT: DC you will:
- Go behind the scenes at the U.S. Capitol and White House; visit the national monuments, Holocaust and Smithsonian Museums, Georgetown and more!
- Work with premier nonprofit organizations and meet issue experts.
- Live and learn on the campus of the University of Maryland’s Hillel, one of the largest and most active in the world.
The Summer of IMPACT curriculum supports Stand UP, BBYO’s grassroots service, advocacy and philanthropy campaign. Through skills sessions, leadership exercises and peer-led and developed projects teens learn how to lead in a meaningful way and learn skills that can be applied to their experience in school, BBYO and for years to come.
Summer of IMPACT participants return home with increased self confidence and the skills to shape and lead their community.
Dates + Pricing
July 14 - July 25, 2013 // $2,300 - Includes all programming fees, room and board.
Take advantage of Early Bird deadline opportunities!
Teens who register by Thursday, February 28, 2013 are eligible for a $75 discount.
BBYO is offering more scholarship funds than ever before. This commitment to affordability ensures more Jewish teens will be able to enjoy a transformational summer experience.
Additional Scholarship funding is available for all domestic Summer Experiences and will be administered through BBYO's regional offices based on need and merit.
- 3/15/13 – Scholarship applications due to Regional office.
- 4/1/13 – Scholarships awards announced by Regional office.
- 4/15/13 – Deadline to cancel registration for a domestic experience with full refund.
- 4/16 - 4/30/13 –Deadline to cancel registration for a domestic experience with a $250 cancellation fee.
- 4/30/13 – Balance due in full
- Between 5/1/13 and one month prior to program start – there is a $500 cancellation fee.
For cancellations within one month of the program’s start date no refunds will be given.
Washington, DC and The University of Maryland
Extend Your Summer with BBYO's Summer Experiences Connections
BBYO will provide complimentary transportation between the following programs:
To learn more, contact Natalie Spring at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or call 202-507-7294.