Kallah is a unique opportunity to determine what it means to you to be Jewish. A community of incredible educators, staff and guests will share the diversity of Jewish life and help you explore who you are and who you want to become.
At Perlman Camp, you will form a Kallah community with teens from around the world and will learn about Jewish ritual, values and practice, the Jewish Community and Israel. You will explore your Judaism through fun electives like music, art, cooking, media and more. No topic is off limits, and no opinion is taboo – be part of this once-in-a-lifetime community to learn as much from your teachers as they do from you.
Kallah offers a meaningful Judaic experience where teens are introduced to the variety of ways they can connect to Jewish life no matter what their interests are.
"Kallah shaped me and helped me embrace my Jewish identity. Kallah opened my eyes to so many different opinions and views that they have made me become a better person. I am even more proud to call myself a Jewish man in the 21st century."
-Michael Sky, Kallah 2012
The highlights and benefits of Kallah include:
- A custom schedule of sessions where teens explore their interests and learn from peers, and Jewish thought leaders, rabbis and educators.
- Leading, learning and planning Shabbat for all of Kallah.
- Networking with the individuals and organizations leading the way in building amazing Jewish experiences.
Dates + Pricing
July 16 - August 5, 2013 // $2,800 - Includes all programming fees, room and board.
Take advantage of Early Bird deadline opportunities!
Teens who register by Thursday, February 28, 2013 are eligible for a $75 discount.
Teens who do a Perlman Summer (ILTC + Kallah) will need to register separately for Transition Day. Transition Day will include a field trip off campus, all meals and laundry service.
Pricing is $75.00
BBYO is offering more scholarship funds than ever before. This commitment to affordability ensures more Jewish teens will be able to enjoy a transformational summer experience.
Additional Scholarship funding is available for all domestic Summer Experiences and will be administered through BBYO's regional offices based on need and merit.
- 3/15/13 – Scholarship applications due to Regional office.
- 4/1/13 – Scholarships awards announced by Regional office.
- 4/15/13 – Deadline to cancel registration for a domestic experience with full refund.
- 4/16 - 4/30/13 –Deadline to cancel registration for a domestic experience with a $250 cancellation fee.
- 4/30/13 – Balance due in full
- Between 5/1/13 and one month prior to program start – there is a $500 cancellation fee.
For cancellations within one month of the program’s start date no refunds will be given.
Location + Staff
Perlman Camp (Lake Como, PA) Perlman Camp is located in the northeastern corner of Pennsylvania, just 3 hours from New York City and Philadelphia and 5 hours from Washington DC. Our lush fields, pristine forests and spring-fed lake, form the perfect backdrop for an exceptional summer of friendship, learning and fun.