Summer of IMPACT
Responsibility and Passion
The Summer of IMPACT curriculum supports Stand UP, BBYO’s grassroots service, advocacy and philanthropy campaign. Through skills sessions, leadership exercises and peer-led and developed projects teens learn how to lead in a meaningful way and learn skills that can be applied to their experience in school, BBYO and for years to come.
The highlights and benefits of a Summer of IMPACT experience include:
- A taste for college life while living in the university dorms of the host campus.
- Learning in classrooms and unique on campus programming from Hillel at the University of Chicago and University of Maryland, and the Office Of High School Programs at Brandeis University.
- Visiting landmarks and locals’ favorite locations and learning to navigate and live in some of the world’s most exciting cities, making the IMPACT host-city a second home.
- Opportunities to Stand UP for the issues and causes that matter to participants. Guided by talented BBYO staff, teens learn by doing service, advocacy and philanthropy and have new skills they can use at home, and into young adulthood.
Serve in Boston, Chicago, Washington, DC, and Israel
Make a Mini IMPACT in a Big Way
These three-day intensive experiences focus on service, advocacy and Jewish values and will prepare you to be a BBYO Stand UP leader in your chapter, council and region. All participants will complete 12 hours of community service during the program.
More Ways to Experience Summer of IMPACT
Don’t forget that you can get a taste of our Impact programs at CLTC! Teens attending CLTC Session 6 and CLTC Session 7 can spend three extra days at Impact: Pittsburgh (following Session 6) and Impact: Milwaukee (following Session 7).
At both of these extensions, teens will have an intensive service, advocacy, and Jewish values experience. Teens will do hands-on service, learn about different ways to have an impact on their community, and how to apply their CLTC leadership skills back home to make an impact on their community.
More information is available here. Trust us, you won’t be ready to go home!
Scholarships BBYO is offering more scholarship funds than ever before. This commitment to affordability ensures more Jewish teens will be able to enjoy a transformational summer experience. Additional Scholarship funding is available for all domestic Summer Experiences and will be administered through BBYO's regional offices based on need and merit.
- 3/15/13 – Scholarship applications due to Regional office.
- 4/1/13 – Scholarships awards announced by Regional office.
- 4/15/13 – Deadline to cancel registration for a domestic experience with full refund.
- 4/16 - 4/30/13 –Deadline to cancel registration for a domestic experience with a $250 cancellation fee.
- 4/30/13 – Balance due in full
- Between 5/1/13 and one month prior to program start – there is a $500 cancellation fee.
For cancellations within one month of the program’s start date no refunds will be given.