IT'S AN EXCITING TIME AT BBYO!
March was a busy month for our nine chapters across Toronto & York Region:
- We welcomed over 140 teens to Invite Night including 32 potential new members - many of whom then attended Chapter Rush programs and subsequently joined their local chapter!
- We had a blast at our Passover Limo Scavenger Hunt with 60+ middle schoolers from across Toronto and Vaughan! Teams traveled the city in stretch limousines, completing tasks and collecting items to donate to the National Council of Jewish Women Passover Food Drive.
- Teens from all nine of our local chapters - Aleph Zadik Aleph (AZA) for young men and B'nai B'rith Girls (BBG) for young women - convened at Regional Business Meetings to review and vote on new business proposed by members from across the region.
- We welcomed 50 new members to Camp MIT/AIT: New Members Overnight - Ignite your Flame where they had the chance to hang out with friends, meet other new members from across Toronto and York Region, and discover the rich history and traditions of BBYO! At the same time, senior members at the Class of 2017 Overnight had the chance to hang out with other seniors, reminisce about their time as Alephs and B'nai B'rith Girls, connect with favourite alumni, and share their knowledge with new members!
All said, more than 80,000 Jewish teens around the world are having the time of their lives with BBYO - and we're seeking new teens to join us! Check out our Upcoming Events below and spread the word to your friends!
Not Yet a Member?
Whether you're in Toronto, Vaughan or Richmond Hill, there is a BBYO chapter that's perfect for you! Click here to learn more about our local chapters for Grades 8-12. If you are not yet a member of BBYO, you can purchase a Membership Pass at any time! For just $149, you can be a part of this life-changing experience through high school graduation. There's no better time for you to join than right now!
Looking for programs for younger teens? BBYO Connect (Grades 6-8) provides pre-high school students with safe, enriching programming, fun activities and meaningful involvement in the community. Click here to learn more about BBYO Connect for Grades 6-8.
Back to Top
*Local chapters meet regularly at locations across Toronto and York Region. Activities are planned by teens and can be anything of interest to the members in your chapter – social programs, community service, holiday celebrations, athletics and more. Learn more and browse each chapter's calendar of upcoming events.
Regional Programs & Additional Dates of Interest
- April 6 - Convention Steering Meeting*
- April 11-18 - Passover (First Seder April 10)
- April 11-12 - Passover Yom Tov (Office Closed)
- April 14 - Good Friday (Office Closed)
- April 17-18 - Passover Yom Tov (Office Closed)
- April 20 - Convention Steering Meeting*
- April 23 - Regional Board Meeting*
- April 24 - Yom Hashoah
- April 27- Convention Steering Meeting*
* A BBYO Membership Pass is required for events marked with an asterisk. Click here to claim your BBYO Membership Pass today!
For more information about our events, please visit our website or contact our office at 416.398.2004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Top
J-SERVE TORONTO 2017: RECAP
Five hundred teens from across Toronto and York Region, along with nearly 13,000 teens in 90 communities across 20 countries, participated in a day of community service and improvement projects as they took part in J-Serve, the International Day of Jewish Youth Service, held on April 2, 2017 at the Schwartz/Reisman Centre on UJA Federation’s Lebovic Jewish Community Campus.
The Vaughan event, hosted by BBYO Ontario was one of more than 250 international projects in which 6th through 12th grade teens participated, as they explored the Jewish values of gemilut chasadim, acts of loving kindness; tzedakah, just and charitable giving; and tikkun olam, the responsibility to repair the world.
Teens chose from eleven service projects such as assembling craft kits for children in hospitals, celebrating Passover alongside young adults with physical or cognitive challenges, engaging in social and recreational activities with seniors, and preparing meals for people living on the streets of downtown Toronto, among other projects.
Check out coverage of our J-Serve program in the Thornhill Liberal and eJewish Philanthropy as well as a highlight video from UJA Federation and video remarks from Vaughan Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua and UJA Federation President & CEO Adam Minsky. You can also browse our photo album and watch a video of opening remarks from BBYO teens Hailey Appel, Joseph Katchen & Adam Daniels. Save the date for next year's event: April 15, 2018!
Back to Top
REGISTER FOR SPRING CONVENTION
BBYO Spring Convention will take place May 19-21, 2017 at the wonderful URJ Camp George nestled on the shores of Maple Lake in Seguin, Ontario.
We're preparing to welcome over a hundred teens from across Toronto and York Region to connect with each other, wish farewell to the graduating seniors, compete against other chapters in showcasing community ruach (spirit), elect next year's regional board, and experience a unique camp-style Shabbat together!
Registration is now open and we expect to sell out quickly.
The cost is $309 and includes round-trip transportation from Toronto or Vaughan, two nights at URJ Camp George, plus all programs, entertainment and meals (dietary laws observed). Scholarships are available based on need.
Are you new to BBYO? Do you have questions about Spring Convention? We'd love to chat! Please respond to this email or contact us at email@example.com or 416.398.2004 ext 2.
QUESTIONS ABOUT ANYTHING YOU'VE READ?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get you answers!
Back to Top