Rebecca Finberg, Reba Wadel BBG Advisor
Rebecca Finberg is advisor for Wadel BBG #349. She was born and raised in Dallas, Texas and has BBYO to thank for many of her favorite high school memories. This is the reason she decided to become a BBYO advisor. She will be graduating from the University of North Texas in a few short weeks with a BA in Sociology with minors in Political Science and Leadership of Nonprofit and Community Organizations. Rebecca is currently a Development Assistant for the University of North Texas College of Information. She lives in Denton with her wonderful new husband David and two cats Margie and Mumford.
BBYO Teen on MTV Season Finale
Find Out What Wish Came True for an AZA Teen: Watch an interview with Lucas Lendenbaum sharing his experience as a featured guest on the season finale of MTV’s “The Buried Life.”
Last spring the four young stars of MTV’s documentary “The Buried Life” spoke at BBYO’s East Coast Kallah Convention. Their message reflected the focus of their television series which features their attempts to live out their dreams today and not get buried in the typical paths most people take in life, while at the same time recognizing the importance of giving back and helping to make dreams come true for the people they meet along the way. Before wrapping up their remarks at Kallah, they opened up a question to the crowd of 450 teens asking them, “If you could do one thing before you die, what would it be?”
Lucas Lendenbaum, 16, of Gaithersburg, MD walked onto to the stage, took the microphone and with one brief and emotional sentence stated his wish: "My Dad doesn't have a home, and I just want him to have a home."Six months later, the cast from “The Buried Life” decided to make Lucas’s wish part of their season finale episode on November 29. Immediately following the show BBYO aired a live webcast with Lucas, allowing BBYO teens from around the world to ask him questions and hear his reflections on the experience and what it has meant to his family.
Click here to learn more, including links to watch the Season Finale on MTV.com and the recorded interview with Lucas.
Take the BBYO Impact Survey!
Are you or your child a BBYO junior or senior? As part of our commitment to our members and supporters, we are conducting research to study the value of our programs. Your input will provide us with valuable understanding of what people enjoy about BBYO and where improvements can be made. Participate in our survey and you can enter to win a $100 gift card!
TAKE THE SURVEY
Regional Convention 2010
On December 19th - 22nd, NTO gathered for our annual Regional Convention at the Hyatt DFW Hotel. Among the programs planned; BBG's spirit wars and the "Kosher Hypnotist," NTO had a wonderful time at convention this year!
The 27th Regional Board was elected, congratulations to: Kara Simon (N'siah) & Jacob Schnitzer (Godol), Erica Halpern (S'ganit) & Adam Brimer (S'gan), Ashley Cuevas (Mit Mom) & Ethan Galanter (Moreh), Nicole Joison (Sh'licha) & Alex Berger (Sh'liach), Lindsey Kehlmann (Mazkirah) & Brandon Mond (Mazkir), Halley Weitzman (Gizborit) & Joel Sands (Gizbor), Emily Englander (Orechet).
Awards were given for the 2010 year:
Best Chapters - Ginny Weinstein BBG & Rubin Kaplan AZA.
Up & Coming Chapters - Sally Blum BBG & Morton Lewis AZA.
Most Improved Chapters - Reba Wadel BBG & Louis D. Brandeis AZA.
"Going the Distance" Chapters - Alton Silver BBG & David Berger AZA.
Most Spirited Awards - Fannie Sablosky BBG & Rubin Kaplan AZA.
AZAA Tournament Champions - Rubin Kaplan AZA.
Don't Miss Out!
Registration is open for dozens of BBYO International Experiences.
April - May 2011:
- March of the Living: Experience a two-week, life-altering journey where teens bear witness to the destruction of the Holocaust in Poland followed by a celebration of the State of Israel in the Jewish Homeland. Sophomores are eligible for $1,000 off!
- AZA & BBG's Flagship Leadership Development and Judaic Identity programs: CLTC, ILTC and Kallah.
- Summer of Impact experiences through the PANIM Institute of BBYO. Serve new communities and make a real difference in Boston, D.C., the Southwest and Israel!
- Passport to the World, BBYO's global travel program, taking teens to more than 16 countries around the world.
Click here to check out BBYO's Interactive Brochure of Summer Experiences for 2011 featuring videos, photo albums, scholarship information, Facebook quizzes, and more!
- Panim el Panim: Receive advocacy training, participate in service learning and have the opportunity to lobby your elected officials on Capitol Hill -- all in a few days!
- Double Impact Scholarship: Earn a 50 percent scholarship towards the tuition of a domestic Summer of Impact experience and 25 percent towards Impact: Israel by performing 60 hours of community service during the school year!
New PANIM Website!
Check out the new site and learn about all of PANIM's premiere service learning experiences.