MIT AIT LTI 2011
Last Chance to Register, Don't Miss Out!
When: Jan 28-30
Where: Camp Wewa, Apopka FL
Who: Any Jewish teen grades 8-12
How Much: $175
Registration closes tomorrow, Thursday January 20th. Call Marissa at the regional office to register 407 645 5933 x256 or head to www.b-linked.org
MIT/AIT (Member in Training/Aleph in Training) is a new members weekend designed for newer 8-10th grade BBYO teens. This track focuses on some BBYO basics while fostering new friendships. Teens in attendance will be inducted into North Florida BBYO.
LTI (Leadership Training Institute) is a leadership track designed for our older or more experienced 10th-12th grade BBYO teens. The focus will be on general leadership skills that teens can utilize within BBYO and in their daily lives. No leadership experience is required to participate.
Both tracks will hear from Lucas Boyce, an Orlando Magic executive as well as Jeremy Sherman, AZA’s Grand Aleph Godol (International teen president.)
Orlando Teen Connection: In the Huddle
Have a younger sibling or friend in middle school? Teen Connection is the way to fill the gap between Bar Mitzvah years and BBYO.
- What: A Pre-Super Bowl Psych Up. Help your team compete in a series of games to win the Jew-per Bowl! You don't need to be athletic to join our team activities that may just determine who wins the Super Bowl.
- When: Sunday February 6, 2-5pm
- Where: Maitland JCC
- Who: Any Jewish middle school teens, even visiting friends
- How much: $5, cost includes light snacks and fun activities!
- RSVP or pre-register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved in our central Florida community.
- 2/3 Israel Myths and Facts with Dr. Mitchell Bard at the Sarasota Jewish Federation email Jessica Katz for more information.
- 2/21 The Ludins are hosting an Informational Parlor Meeting about Alexander Muss High School in Israel Programs. For more information please email Nancy Ludin.
- 3/6 An old Rebels tradition is back, the annual fundraiser extravaganza: Spaghetti Dinner! Parent volunteers are needed, please email Andrew Greenberg for more information.
- Jewish Family Education Pilot Program: Please contact Marissa at the regional office if your family is interested in piloting a 3 session interactive Jewish learning experience in late spring.
- Rollins College Winter Park Institute is hosting a series of Holocaust and Israel related events. All Jewish interest event details are available at the Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando's community calendar.
Tu B'Shvat Higia, Chag HaEilanot
The 15th of Shvat is coming, Holiday of the Trees!
Tu B'shvat is often overlooked on the calendar as just a day to plant trees. While this is a valuable custom, there is much more to the holiday. The significance of agricultural holidays in ancient Jewish life may be easy to ignore in today's technology filled world, so take a minute this Tu B'shvat (January 20th) and consider the natural wonders that renew themselves in your life.
The Kabbalist Rabbi Yitchak Luria started the tradition of a Tu B'Shvat Seder which connected each of the special foods on the plate to Israel and served as a path to spiritual renewal at the time the first trees began to blossom.
For more information on the holiday, it's significance to Jewish life and how it can connect to North Florida's Stand Up for the Environment Campaign, check out myjewishlearning.com
BBYO Teens Lead Campaign to End Bullying
Three Major International Jewish Youth Movements Join Forces to End Bullying and Support for LGBTQ Teens
Jewish teenagers from the major International Jewish Youth Movements are taking on bullying and standing up for their lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer peers. In addition to publicly committing to end bullying and creating an inclusive environment in their own movements, the Coalition of Jewish Teen Leaders, (the presidents of the International Jewish Youth Movements) has set a goal of getting 18,000 Jews to sign Keshet’s “Jewish Community Pledge to Save Lives”. This goal has been echoed by the executive leadership of the movements and their staff.
LEARN HOW YOU CAN TAKE PART NOW
International President Travels to UK, Israel, Bulgaria and Serbia and North Florida Region!
Where in the world is Jeremy Sherman? BBYO's International Teen President has been travelling abroad representing BBYO around the world. Follow his travels including photos and videos on our interactive blog, Keeping PACE! Check out some highlights:
- Listen to Jeremy's thoughts as if you were sitting with him on the plane ride to Bulgaria.
- View pictures of Jeremy's visit to Tzamaret, BBYO's partner in Israel.
- Hear a special Shabbat Shalom message from Jeremy during his visit in Jerusalem!
Visit Keeping PACE Now!
Washington, DC Wants You!
Join Jewish teens from around the country in a city that has it all for a teen leader – Washington, D.C.. At Panim el Panim seminars teens will see all of the city’s most famous tourist sites while gaining insider access to locations like the U.S. Capitol! Teens have the opportunity to meet and lobby members of Congress, learn from advocacy experts on Israel, healthcare, the environment and today’s hottest topics, and do service projects that provide direct aid to those in need in the city. Teens participating in Panim el Panim seminars walk away with enhanced skills as a community leader and a greater understanding of civic engagement. In addition, these skills will help strengthen your individual or regional Stand UP campaigns!
Find out available dates for individual registrations from now through March!