If you are planning to host an in-person BBYO program during the 2020-2021 school year, you must complete the waiver below. Please note there are two signatures required in this form: one for the waiver, and the other to acknowledge BBYO’s hosting expectations. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
Thank you for agreeing to serve as Host(s) at one or more of our BBYO Programs.
As with the transmission of any communicable disease, like a cold or the flu, you may be exposed to COVID-19 (also known as “coronavirus”) at any time or any place.
We want you to know that we recommend and expect our participants, prospects, hosts, staff, and volunteers, to follow personal-protection and disinfection protocols to limit transmission of all diseases at our events, including but not limited to hand washing, the wearing of masks, and of maintaining recommended social distancing.
In spite of these recommendations and expectations, however, there still is a chance that you may be exposed to an illness at one of our BBYO Programs, just as you might at your gym, grocery store, or any other place where people may congregate, and we want to make sure that you understand these risks. We therefore ask you to review, understand, and agree to the following terms and conditions.
We also want you to know that we are asking participants, prospective participants, and volunteers to review, understand, and agree to similar terms and conditions.
I/We, hereby acknowledge that I/we have fully read, understood, and accepted each of the above provisions, and that I/we have had the opportunity to consult with an attorney at my/our own expense to discuss and review the terms of this COVID-19 Waiver and Release, and have had the opportunity to consult with my/our own medical professional at my/our own expense to discuss and review the risks associated with hosting or attending a BBYO Program. I/We understand and agree that this COVID-19 Waiver and Release includes a release of liability that legally prevents me/us or any other person acting on my/our behalf from filing a suit or making a claim for damages in the event of my/our bodily injury, death, personal injury, or property damage. I/We understand and agree that this COVID-19 Waiver and Release is binding on me/our and members of my/our family, my/our heirs, estate, executors, administrators, personal representatives, and next of kin, and their successors and assigns. My/Our acceptance of this COVID-19 Waiver and Release and my/our participation as host(s) at one or more BBYO Programs signifies my/our understanding of, and agreement with, these statements and their implications.
Hosting BBYO Teens: Creating a Welcoming Environment for Every Jewish Teen
We are grateful for your partnership and for opening your home to our teens. As you serve the role of a host parent, BBYO wants to make sure that you are aware of the policies and expectations of our teens and parent hosts. Should you have any questions or need any help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your regional staff.
Expectations of Teens
BBYO teens are expected to adhere to the BBYO Code of Conduct.
- Please remember that with programs and overnights, teens may not leave and then return without advance permission from the Regional staff, and Regional staff will notify the host, via phone call, email, or other written communication.
Expectations of Hosts
Be helpful and supportive to teens if they need you.
- You, or another adult over the age of 21, must be home during and for the entire duration of the event in addition to any staff/advisors that may be present.
- Chapter advisors or BBYO regional staff may be present at a host family’s home for the event, but BBYO cannot guarantee that one will be available.
- Any firearms, alcohol, tobacco products and medication owned by the host should be secured from and not be accessed by teens.
- There is no need to be with the teens the entire time, but they should be aware that you are home. It is recommended that you welcome teens and reinforce your presence intermittently throughout the event.
Teen and Host Safety
As a host, you play a key role in keeping our teens safe.
- Limit one-on-one contact with a teen whenever possible and if/when contact occurs it should be in an open space.
- If any of the following occur, please notify BBYO regional staff as soon as possible:
- Concerns regarding teen safety, mental health, bullying, and/or inclusion
- Reason to suspect that a teen may be a victim of abuse or may be a risk to themselves
- Observe or suspect any violations of the Code of Conduct, including but not limited to use of drugs, alcohol, or vaping products
- Any incident involving damage to property, injury to a person, unwelcome physical contact, etc.
I acknowledge receipt of this information.