If you are planning to host an in-person BBYO program, you must complete the waiver below. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
BBYO Parent Home House Overnight Host Guidelines & Contract
Thank you for opening your home and agreeing to supervise a BBYO overnight program. This is a great opportunity for you to get to know the members of your child’s region/chapter and see first-hand their development as leaders. BBYO’s mission is “More Jewish Teens, More Meaningful Jewish Experiences” and BBYO seeks to be as inclusive as possible. Please understand in advance of hosting you will be hosting teens with a variety of backgrounds. We would not be able to offer our variety of program experiences without your generosity and support. In order for our region to be successful, you must agree to abide by the following guidelines for hosting events:
- I/we agree that all BBYO programs must adhere to the BBYO Code of Conduct.
- I/we will be actively present for the entirety of the program.
- I/we agree to contact the chapter advisor or a BBYO employee with any questions regarding hosting expectations
- I/we agree that participants are not permitted to leave and then return to the program/house without: (i) advance permission from the participant's parent(s)/guardian(s) and; (ii) the on-site notification of the host parent. If a teen leaves the house during an event without these things, I/we agree to notify the BBYO employee or advisor contact so that they can contact the participant’s parent(s)/guardian(s).
- I/we agree to notify a BBYO employee or the advisor contact immediately in the event of any incident involving damage to property, injury to a person, unwelcome physical contact, etc. I/we understand that the staff or advisor contact will provide host families with emergency/parent contact numbers for all participants.
- I/we understand that BBYO's driving policy prohibits participants from driving to any regional overnights. I/we agree that if I/we discover that a participant has driven to my/our home then I/we will contact regional staff. With respect to chapter overnights, I/we further agree to collect and hold, for the duration of the chapter overnight event, the car keys of all participants who drive to the chapter overnight event.
- For the safety of participants and out of respect for their parent(s)/guardian(s), I/we agree to not consume or use alcohol or drugs for the duration of the program. Tobacco products should only be used out of the presence of participants.
- I/we agree to make sure that all firearms, alcohol, tobacco products, and medications are secured from and cannot be accessed by participants.
Should you have any questions, concerns, or in case of emergency, please contact your local BBYO employee and/or chapter advisors.
I acknowledge receipt of this information.