We can't wait to welcome our newest BBYO members to GCR's upcoming New Member Overnight Convention on January 21-22 at the Marriott Heron Bay in Parkland, Florida! BBYO conventions are what our members look forward to the most! New Member Retreat is open to all members in 8th-10th grade who have not attended an in-person MIT/AIT (the last one was held in April 2022) and is intended especially for new members!
Convention Registration & Pricing:
• Standard Pricing ($199): Standard Pricing includes all convention costs and standard rooming (four participants per room, two per bed).
- Kickoff is included in the price of the convention. We will have a bus to and from the ice-skating rink from the hotel.
Our top priority is to keep everyone healthy and safe. We continually receive guidance from BBYO's Medical Advisory Committee, and we communicate any protocol changes. Here are our current policies:
• All convention participants, staff, volunteers, and speakers are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine to participate.
• All convention participants, staff, volunteers, and speakers will be required to present a negative at-home Rapid COVID-19 test prior to arrival at the convention.
• Hand washing and sanitizer will be abundantly available (and encouraged frequently).
Need-based Scholarships are available. Applications are due by Thursday, December 22nd at 5 pm. You can apply for a scholarship here. https://bbyo.org/scholarship-form
Cancellation/Refund Policy: The deadline to cancel with a full program refund (minus a $36 administrative fee) is the final registration deadline. Until that date, full refunds will be granted for cancellations in writing (email is acceptable) for any reason. After the registration deadline, we've already confirmed the final counts with our vendors, and no refunds will be given. Refunds will only be given after this date if a teen cannot attend because of a positive COVID test result prior to the convention or in the event that the convention needs to be canceled. "No shows" will not receive a refund.
Have other questions? Reach out to our GCR staff team.
So excited for New Member Retreat!