Join GMR BBYO by giving back to our community through a day of service! Each of our BBYO communities have different service projects depending on their location. See below for more details-
North side -
· Bernie’s Book Bank – Sort, sticker, and pack quality books for at-risk children.
o Bernie’s Book Bank facilitates the collection, processing, and redistribution of new and gently used children’s books to significantly increase book ownership among at-risk infants, toddlers, and school-age children throughout Chicagoland.
o 10:30am – 12:30pm; 14+, 0+ w/adult
o Address: 917 N. Shore Dr., Lake Bluff (parking available)
o Optional donation item: new or gently used non-religious children’s books
West side -
· PADS DuPage – Prepare and serve dinner for DuPage PADS clients at Congregation Etz Chaim. Please note that this project is in need of 2 adult (18+) and 5 youth (16+) volunteers.
o DuPage Pads´ mission is to end homelessness in DuPage County.
o 5:30pm – 8:00pm; 16+
o Address: 1710 S. Highland Ave., Lombard (parking available)
o Optional donation item: any type of food dish that can be frozen if not used immediately
Anshe Emet Synagogue/Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School Open House
11:30am – 5:30pm full event | 2:00 – 5:00 pm for projects -
12+, 0+ w/adult
· Blood drive (11:30am – 5:30pm); 16+
· Advocacy Projects (2:00pm – 5:00pm) including:
o HIAS Chicago – Write a letter to Congress in support of immigrants/refugees.
o Illinois Environmental Council – Support the passage of the Clean Energy Jobs Act.
- Hands-on Projects (2:00pm – 5:00pm) including:
o Lakeview Pantry – Make hygiene kits with handmade cards.
o Colors4Change – Decorate pencil pouches for donated art supplies.
- Optional donation item: new or gently used art supplies
Northwest Jewish Connectors (NWJC) Open House
10:00am – 11:30 am - All BJBE Chapters
12+, 0+ w/adult
- Drop in to participate in a variety of hands-on service projects benefiting children, including decorating bookmarks, writing cards to immigrant children, making fleece blankets, and more!
· Address: Buffalo Grove Community Arts Center, 225 McHenry Rd., Buffalo Grove (parking available)
For more information and to register through JUF visit this link- bit.ly/chicagojserve