JCC Teen & BBYO City Director
The Jewish Community Centre of Greater Vancouver is a recreational, cultural and social organization serving the community around Oak Street and 41st Avenue. The JCC Teen Department strives to provide an inclusive, fun, safe, stimulating and supportive environment for all teens. We are leaders, mentors, advocates, and positive role models enabling youth to grow, develop a positive sense of self, and a lifelong commitment to community.
Position Summary: The JCC Teen & BBYO City Director will focus on programs that foster engagement and create meaningful connections with and for high school teens in our community. The professional will connect with Jewish and secular community organizations working with youth, and will build BBYO chapters throughout the Greater Vancouver Area.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Community Outreach + Engagement
- Seek out and connect with teens throughout the city and the Metro Vancouver area, with emphasis in finding unaffiliated youth.
- Work collaboratively with schools, synagogues and other community organizations in planning teen activities and support programming throughout the JCC that engages youth.
- Support and inspire teens by creating leadership development opportunities and serving as a Jewish role model/experiential educator.
- Enhance BBYO’s community visibility and teen involvement through stellar programming. Collaborate with teen leaders to develop and execute strategic growth events. Build and support BBYO chapters.
- Identify youth who are at risk or who are struggling with various issues. Provide support and make appropriate referrals to other services offering supports such as health services, emotional support, education, employment training and basic supports.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher with at least 3 years of experience working with youth
- Knowledgeable in Jewish culture
- Work flexible hours & and provide own transportation
- Basic understanding of BBYO, AZA & BBG
Criminal Record Check:
A vulnerable sector criminal record check is required.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes with a cover letter to Susan Tonn at [email protected] JCC Director of Operations. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.