What is Regional Convention?
It's a three-day event packed with hugs and high fives. It's an opportunity to unplug, learn, connect, and celebrate the fact that we are all in this together. Imagine sitting in a ballroom with hundreds of leaders from around the region- sharing stories, tips, and ideas from the year, and building upon the relationships that formed months or years ago.
It's a space where new members of the community can feel the energy and love of a global movement. A space for like-minded people to belong and learn new ideas, so they’re inspired to create the work that’s within them. Oh, and of course we'll be electing NTO's 36th Regional Board, hearing the State of the Region led by Kian and Alisabella, playing sports in the AZAA / BBGG tournament, and celebrating the Class of 2020 throughout the weekend.
We are also welcoming incredible guests, activists, and educators to share their wisdom and inspire our community. Stay tuned for speaker announcements coming soon!
ATTENDEES: Open to BBYO members in 9-12th grade
COST and REGISTRATION:
- Early bird pricing $330 for the first 100 members. Regular registration pricing $400.
- Registration opens November 3, 7:00 p.m. and closes on Wednesday, December 4, 5:00 p.m.
- Price includes hotel room with 3 roommates (4 total to a room), all meals, transportation for Tulsa teens and convention giveaway.
- Sign up before November 17 to choose one roommate!
Register for Convention – fill out our secure registration form below
- Make sure you are answering all questions – specifically those about food allergies
- If you are having a problem registering, please call Tori, Regional Director, at 469-708-9161 or [email protected]
- Refunds will not be given if you cancel after Wednesday, December 4, 5:00 p.m.
- Payment due in full on Wednesday, December 4, 5:00 p.m.
SCHOLARSHIPS: Scholarships are available. The deadline to submit scholarship applications is Sunday, November 17, 11:59 p.m. The scholarship form must be completed on line: Regional Scholarship Online Form
Each family will be contacted, via email, by the regional office with the amount of scholarship monies awarded by Sunday, November 24. If you are requesting scholarship money, register on this page via a deposit and do not pay in full. The Regional Office will adjust your remaining balance with the scholarship allocation.
REQUIRED FORMS: BBYO uses CampDoc, the leading electronic health record system. All participants and parents are required to complete a health file before attending a BBYO convention. Once you have registered for the convention, you will receive an email inviting you to join CampDoc. Accept the invitation and complete all the forms. These forms provide dietary, medical and other important information. Teens will not be allowed to attend convention without completing Campdoc.
TRANSPORTATION: Round trip transportation will be provided for Tulsa teens. Dallas teens need to be dropped off and picked up at the hotel. Teens can not drive themselves to convention.
SUPERVISION: The convention will be staffed by BBYO professionals and chapter advisors. There will be 1 staff person for every 15 teens.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND WHAT TO BRING: Please bring toiletries, NTO spirit wear, AZA/BBG pins. The food will be dairy/vegetarian kosher style. Please make sure to notify staff of food allergies in advance and there will be gluten free and dairy free options available.